Translate

Ok, maybe I am a little scared!


Let me start by saying that planning to plan your first solo vacation can be a little daunting.  Like many of you, I've traveled solo before for business and family events but there was always a purpose for going that couldn't be avoided or at least shouldn't be avoided.  The idea of going on vacation by myself for the sheer enjoyment of it seems like madness. Who do I think I am to deserve to be free for a few days and explore the way I want?  What if something bad happens?  What if I'm miserable and want to come home. I have too much work to do and I don't have time to be wasting on myself.  I feel guilty about leaving my husband and dogs behind just thinking about it!

Solo exploring on Norwegian Getaway
Whew...that's a lot of pressure but I think my biggest concern is what if I like it?  Every time I go on vacation with my husband I swear that I am going to do more solo travel.  It is nothing against him, we both just have VERY different travel styles.   His dream vacation is 1000 TV channels, room service and a comfy bed to sleep all day and night in.  I'm the opposite,  I wake up earlier when I'm on vacation because I can't miss a thing.  We recently went on a 7 day cruise and I didn't see my husband before noon the entire time.  It was the first time I allowed myself (and him) to do exactly what we wanted.  I'm usually hounding him to join me in some activity that he has zero interest in.  We both had the vacation that we wanted and needed but it also made me realize that maybe I would enjoy a vacation on my own. 


It made me wonder what motivates other people that normally wouldn't consider solo travel to strike out on their own.  If you're one of those people that is happy to jet off solo to somewhere new at the drop of a hat then you probably don't know what I'm talking about.  However, if you're like me stop and think about what it would take for you to get out there.  I'm interested to hear what your motivation would be.

As for my earlier questions, here are my answers...for now. 

Who do I think I am to deserve to be free for a few days and explore the way I want?

  • I am a hard working business owner that has deserves some time to do what she wants; that's who I am and why I deserve it 
What if something bad happens? 
  • What if something good happens?
What if I'm miserable and want to come home.
  • I'm happiest when I'm exploring new regions and meeting new people so that was just a silly question
I have too much work to do and I don't have time to be wasting on myself. 
  • Burn out when you are the business owner is scarier than missing a few phone calls
I feel guilty about leaving my husband and dogs behind just thinking about it!
  • They'll be fine...they'll probably just all gain 5 pounds.

Maybe the fact that it seems so scary is exactly why I need to get going!  I'm interested to hear what your motivation would be.

 - Debra

Professional Travel Planning services since 2006. 
Visit my website at www.paradisetravelpro.com !

Comments

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *